Maria's favorite recipe to make for Nate and Monique!
Write a review
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fine seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 jar (16 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) mozzarella cheese slices
- 3 cups hot cooked pasta--penne or ziti
- 2 tsp minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Place egg in another shallow bowl and beat thoroughly.
- Dip chicken pieces into beaten egg, letting excess drip off, then dip chicken into bread crumb mixture turning it to coat thoroughly. Shake chicken to remove excess crumbs. Repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of the chicken pieces. Saute 5 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown. Remove to plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding oil to skillet as necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, garlic and oregano; mix thoroughly. Pour into a 13" x 9" x 13/4 baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces over sauce mixture. Cover loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil from baking dish. Top each piece of chicken with one slice of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 Parmesan cheese. Return dish to over and bake 10 minutes longer or until mozzarella is lightly browned and sauce is bubbly.
- To serve: Toss hot cooked pasta with 1 tbsp of olive oil and the minced parsley. Serve immediately.
The Patterson Family http://thepattersonfam.com/
A collection of the family’s favorite recipes will be posted.